Key Features for the Hotel Management System by Ruemerc
- Is the main department in charge of most of the purchases hence eventually controls the final costing of the items sold in the restaurant since most purchase transactions will be posted into this department.
- Will be responsible for keeping track of goods which are bought in large quantities e.g. crates of soda, bags of charcoal, bales of flour etc.
- Then the daily issues of the items will be posted in smaller sizes so as to reduce the stocks in the store and increase the stocks in the destination department e.g. kitchen.
- A transfer receipt will be printed and signed by both the source and destination persons.
- Each item in the store will have its own stock record and stock history so that incase of any misunderstanding, people will only need to print the stock history of that item.
- Daily stock sheet will be available for printing and signing by the person in charge of stores.
- Purchases Analysis e.g. purchases by vendor, purchases list by date, purchases list for a specific item
- Receives goods in smaller sizes from the store e.g. 2kg of wheat flour, 2.5kg of mutton etc.
- Production of finished goods is done here. Hence each of the finished goods will be allocated estimated proportions of its composition of the raw materials. Hence food costing will be accomplished since the system already will have the cost of each unit of the item from the transfer from the stores or from a direct purchase into the kitchen.
- After posting of production of finished goods e.g. chapatis, samosas etc. the system will reduce the raw materials in accordance to the estimated formulation of the finished product. It will also increase the stock of the subsequent finished product.
- Sales of goods to customers takes place here. Could be cash sales or bills. Either could be posted using a normal keyboard and mouse or using touch screen computers.
- Cash sales are posted in cases where a customer pays first before being given the food items they want. Hence reduces the stock of the finished product and increases the cash collected by the cashier.
- System can also limit the total unpaid bill value per day and per month to prevent fraud by employees who might be wanting to stop working so might try to pay themselves by incurring a lot of unpaid bills.
- For each sale a cash receipt or bill will be printed and a corresponding captain order will also be generated as a document to authorize the issuance of the stocks contained in the order.
- Cashier cash reconciliation is done here too. Money is first collected from the cashier then the person in charge goes to check in the system how much was supposed to the cashier collection. If the money collected it more, it becomes an excess else it’s a shortage which is also posted into the payroll.
- This means at the end of the day the process of bill to captain order reconciliation will not be done since its automatically taken care of by the system.
- Also the stocks for both raw materials and finished products will get reduced automatically during each sale transaction. Hence at the end of the day, you’ll simply print a stock sheet and proceed to check if the quantities match the physical stocks.
- If the system count does not match the physical stocks then it means there was loss or misappropriation of stocks.
- At the end of each day, bill summary is produced to show who the best waiter was and who was the least. This will bring about competition among the waiters.
- Caters for rooms management.
- Various categories of rooms and room rates e.g. single, double, executive, deluxe etc.
- Room reservations: works by reserving a room/rooms for guests coming in at specified dates. The user will set the room as reserved hence will not be allocated to another guest.
- If the guest previously reserved a room does not show up, the administrator will cancel the room reservation. The system will generate a No Shows report based on this.
- Room allocation: works by allocating guest into the rooms. This means the guests checked into the room. Here we record the personal information of the guest and the room which they have been allocated.
- A room allocation receipt is printed in duplicate. Customers copy and cashier copy.
- Room reservation schedule: show list of rooms and the dates when each room has been reserved. Hence the user can know the expected occupancy levels during the durations in analysis.
- Room allocation schedule: shows list of rooms and the dates they were allocated. Can be analyzed to show which rooms are most popular and which ones are not. Hence try to promote the other rooms.
- Corporate rates: these are pre negotiated rates for specific companies or customers. Hence once a member of the company checks in, the system will automatically change the room rates to the negotiated rate.
- Room amenities: these are the additional items fitted in the room in order to increase the comfortability of the guest e.g. TV sets, wifi etc.
- Room automatic Expenses. The user can assign settings where on each allocation of the room, an expense item is posted automatically e.g. water, electricity, labour etc.
- Rooms Allocation Analysis. Show list of rooms allocated to guests over a period of time.
- Manages Halls for meetings, conferences and other functions.
- Each hall’s information is entered e.g. name, max pax, hall fee, category is entered.
- Seminar booking management. We enter the group name, function being held, estimated pax, allocate the venue, then enter the start and end dates of the function.
- Also while booking the seminar, we choose a customized meal plan and rate per pax.
- Then save the information so that, on confirmation, it would be visible by the kitchen management.
- Seminar hall schedule. Shows the dates and halls booked by which companies for which functions plus the expected pax.
- Tracking of payment for the seminar function will be done via customer statements.
- Each issue of materials and food items from the kitchen to the seminar, will generate an invoice which will be used to bill the client after the function is over.
- Tracks the employees earnings and deductions e.g. basic salary, house allowance, nssf deductions, advances, loans etc.
- Produces the payroll summary report for all employees in all the departments so that the employer will be able to budget the total wage bill for each month.
- Printing of end of year statutory forms such as P9A, P10, P10A forms automatically
- Profit and loss accounts report is generated on a daily basis so as to know each day how much has been sold, cost of the sales, gross profit, less daily expenses to arrive at the net profit.
- Trial balance to show a summary of all balances at the end of a trading day for all accounts
- Balance sheet to show the business financial position
- Cash flow statements
- Account statements to show the chronological order of transactions for each account and how each transaction affected the current balance of that account e.g. cash account, bank account etc
Sales and purchases summaries
System security is implemented using the following 7 methods:-
1. Isolated Main Server: this computer should be placed in an area/room with the least movement and fewest users so as to limit the number of people gaining physical access to the Server
2. Main Server Login Password: each person using the main server should be authorized and given a limited user account so that they would not be able to change Server settings.
3. Database password: The system’s database is assigned a password so that only the Developer and MTSDistributor would be granted direct access to the database
4. MTSDistributor User Accounts: each person using MTSDistributor will be given a user name and password so that those without will not be able to login to the system
5. User Rights and Privileges. Each user account will be assigned specific rights, privileges and permissions to access various modules or perform certain tasks e.g. changing prices, giving discounts, paying bills, editing sales receipts, re-printing of captain orders etc
6. Audit Trail. All user activities through out the system are recorded in a separate module. So you can leave your users working then after a specified period be able to track who did what
7. Each transaction has a server stamping of server date and time, from which computer, the specific user who posted the transaction.
The system outlines are just but a general guidance of the operations of the hotel intended to bring about the needed to controls of all the segments of the hotels operations. Hence in time we shall keep customizing it to suite your needs and specifications to keep it relevant to your business.